The next release of Gallio and MbUnit is just around the corner. I need to work on a proper write-up of all of the new stuff but here are a few highlights:
- Significantly faster start-up time.
- Embedded videos in test reports including built-in screen recording. (Try playing with the Capture class.)
- Gallio can run RSpec tests via IronRuby.
- New Control Panel application for tweaking global settings.
- More MbUnit assertions and attributes for manipulating data and the environment.
- More Icarus GUI goodness.
- Better API documentation.
- Much simpler story for test framework adapters and test runners.
- Gallio can run tests in arbitrary files including tests written in non .Net languages given a suitable framework adapter (which you could write in a day).
The final release of v3.1 will probably happen within the next two weeks.
We're looking for beta testers.
To help us out, try out one of the recent v3.1 builds from: http://ccnet.gallio.org/Distributables/
Please report any suggestions or issues you find here: http://code.google.com/p/mb-unit/issues/list
You can also join our developer mailing-list: http://groups.google.com/group/gallio-dev
API documentation: http://www.gallio.org/api/index.aspx