Earlier I announced that Gallio Alpha 3 would be released over the weekend. As it happens, I ended up spending that time away from the computer instead. (Yay!)
The good news is that I've been taking advantage of the extra time to fix a few more bugs and to add a few new features that some people have asked for, such as support test assembly configuration files.
Here is my tentative roadmap going forward:
- Alpha 3: Bug fixes and improvements to reports, hosting, compatibility, data-driven tests, error reporting (annotations), and the GUI.
- Alpha 4: New constraint framework and asserts for MbUnit v3. Will begin shipping .Net 2.0 and .Net 3.5 flavors with more goodies. Should also include some significant improvements to the GUI feature matrix and workflow.
- Alpha 5: Last chance to make major breaking changes to the model. (optional)
- Beta: Feature complete platform, frameworks, and tools. Publish the Gallio Book, tutorial material and other resources.
- Final: Finishing touches.
The target iteration cycle will be about 3 weeks to 1 month each.
I also have another project in mind to begin...